Friday, January 8, 2010

First Post of 2010


2010
Gosh, I am not off to a very fast blogging start!!

Yesterday I took down most of the Christmas decorations.  Our entry now looks like this. 

For Christmas I put out several collections of Santas.  Pictured below are some of the santas. Santas are fun because like people they come in all different, shapes, sizes, ages, and sexes.  I have always thought the female, or Ms. Santa gets the short end of credit and exposure.  Most of them were given to me as gifts.  The very small bell on the left side of the shelf was found when I helped clean out my Grandmother's basement.  I love the bell.  Most of the santas on the side board are by Isabel Bloom.   


Last year my goal was to post weekly.  I made the goal!  That did not mean I posted every week.  It does mean there were over 52 posts.  I will try to do the same or better this year.  I love the blogs that post every couple of days.  I just do not think that I will make that happen. 

I enjoy all comments and connections with my blog followers.  Thank you for stopping by.

3 comments:

Carol from Dubuque said...

Happy New Year! It's fun to see your Santa collection. Hope you are staying warm over there in the snow drifts.

Janean said...

thank you sooooo much for your kind comments. i think we're sisters for sure!!! (((hugs)))

Unknown said...

I too slowly remove holiday decorations, but the tree stays until next week!
Love the blue on your entry wall!
And your Santa collection too...

Hang in there with the cold, I just read at the blog 'From the house of Edward' nice vanilla cented baths and cuddling up with the dogs helps overcome that January blues...lets do what it takes! Make that cuddling up with everyone!!!

XX
Victoria