Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Millie at Laurel Hedge, did a wonderful post on 'My Heart' for her blog. The picture and her writing give us a glimpse of a little girl who changed her attitude about herself and became filled with self-assurance. Sometimes the faith others place in you can have a mighty big effect. It is worthy of a blog visit.

Millie has tagged me. All I have to do is post a photo that best represents my heart. Gosh this is going to be a hard task. My heart belongs to the my wonderful hubby, our children, their spouses, our four sweet grand kids, my parents and siblings, the color Wedgwood blue, mountains to be skied, a hour in my hammock reading or resting, chocolate, gardening, friends, genealogy, shopping, fresh bread…….

Being the person that I am, when the Library asked patrons to list their most influential book, I made a list of at least six. To pick just one photo is way too hard so I have selected more than one to share.




MY HEART

Because Millie wrote about herself and what a change being chosen to play Alice, as in Wonderland, in a play meant to her, I have been thinking all yesterday about what events changed or shaped my life.



One childhood memory stands out as a change of perspective. My best guess is that I must have been between 10 and 12. I was home alone, with two younger sisters and a very younger brother this was a rare happening. Until that day I was mightily scared of storms. I was never one to relax when the rain came down is sheets and the wind howled. Window watching and fear were the order of the day every time it stormed. Home alone when a storm blew up I cried and cried while the storm raged outside. Feelings of being alone and abandon where the order of the day. When the storm was almost over, my Mother phoned. She asked if I was all right, as they thought I might be scared. My reply was a bold face lie. “No, I was not afraid.” Instantly I was no longer afraid. Some sort of calm settled over me. Today I have a healthy respect for what a storm can do but fear is no longer my companion.




I love the look of exuberance on my face in this picture. As the serious child in my family this look was not often captured.


Last night when I tried to post this blog it turned out missing. How something saved can vanish into cyberspace is beyound my knowledge. It turned up missing when I attempted to ask five others to share a heart photo. Now I have no idea if any of the ones I selected have been asked this before but if you have just add something that is new to your heart.


Stacey, because we love all things about our son and his family: http://4monkeys-stacey.blogspot.com/


Patricia, because she does such fun art work and is such a sharing person: http://pvedesign.blogspot.com/


Victoria, because she has a daughter the same age as Hannah: http://victoriainteriors.blogspot.com/


Suzanne, because she lives a county life: http://athomewiththefarmerswife.blogspot.com/


Maria, because I have learned so much more about color from her blog. It is the only blog (except Stacey's) that I have read from beginning to end and like a good book I will read again: http://colourmehappyblog.blogspot.com/


You, because if you are reading this you just might enjoy sharing your heart.

I need to figure out how to do the neat link thing. l tryed to figure it out but it did not happen late last night and today there is much work to be done.







4 comments:

Rustic Tarts said...

Hi Rebecca

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment - it's nice to meet you!!
I would love to send you a packet of Tim Tams, if you would like to email me with your address that would be great.
You did a great job on 'My Heart', I really enjoyed reading it, I can't get my photos to load up for editing today, so will have to try again tomorrow!
Take care
Christina

Maria Killam said...

Rebecca,
I started reading this post and thought, hmmm. . . if I was doing this what would I choose? And then I saw that you tagged me!!

Thank you I am honoured, and thank you for saying such nice things about my blog!
x
Maria

Millie said...

Just a delightful post Rebecca! I really enjoyed the story of the storm, & loved the response you gave your Mum. I'm sure you are right, that in many ways, that one moment has probably shaped many things in your life. What a truly wonderful family you have. I can see why they have Your Heart. Thank you so much for your contribution, it's been so lovely to read.
Millie ^_^

Maria Killam said...

Oh my, I still have to think of one to post!! Thanks for the mention!