Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Biking


Warren and I plan to take off tomorrow for a three day trip to the Lanesboro area of Minnesota. We are hoping for some good weather as we are taking our bikes. That means we will use the gas guzzling pickup. It is a lovely vehicle but the gas mileage is less than stellar. When I recall the pickup my family had growing up ours is like comparing a old black rotary phone to a red blackberry. Our pickup was an old black dodge. We did not use it much but as Dad had a mechanic shop a few miles from our farm we would sometimes take it to visit him. Other than that I do not recall our using it much. With three kids I am sure we could not all pile in it together.



No, I do not have that red Blackberry. I have a friend that has one so I know they exist. As I sent my first text when Hannah got her cell phone last week my very basic plain black cell will do just fine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you have lovely days biking and otherwise. Enjoy your mini vacation, I'll look on the map and check where you are going...
Also I love the way you discribe your walks along the fields. I have enjoyed many such walks in the German countryside and truly miss them here in suburbia of Westchester,NY. There are simply no fields to walk along...