Monday, June 1, 2009

Household Chores



I am doing some seasonal changes to the house today. Wednesday I have my church circle gals here. It is nice to have a push to get things done from time to time.

It is past time to change the March cross stitch of the lion and lamb to a summer one. A number of years ago my sister, Cindi, cross stitched twelve squares, one for each month. Some months they get changed, some months they do not. I missed Easter and the month of May. Perhaps the flag or watermelon will show up for the summer months.

Another project was getting the inserts cut for a couple of Waterford picture frames. I got the frames on E-bay and the inserts were missing. Hobby Lobby has the heavy plastic for inserts. Today I got around to cutting the plastic to size. I will use a picture of myself in one of the frames so while I was at this project I scanned it into my computer.

I suspect that the dark green plaid skirt was from my Aunt Betty and Uncle Evan. Mom told me that when they were living in Iowa City and Evan was in law school they bought me a skirt that was of the same plaid that the Highlanders wore. At that time the marching band had bag pipers, who wore kilts. It was a lovely tradition that is no more.

No comments: